Google Translate is another wonderful invention by Google which wiped out language barriers and made the world more accessible. Google Translate is a free multilingual machine translation service using which you can actually translate text, handwriting, photos, and speech in over 103 languages. In the initial stages, it has just translated words or sentences put in the Google Translate, whereas now it expanded to full text (or written words), image, speech and voice translator.
Functions of Google Translate
- Text or Written Words Translation – You can easily translate the text or the handwritten words (on the phone screen) using Google Translate. It supports 103 languages and using this you can easily translate the text to your desired foreign language.
- Document Translation – Using Google translate one can easily translate the whole document to the selected language. One thing you need to focus on before translating the document is that it should be in the form of .doc, .docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls, or .xlsx.
- Speech Translate – You can talk with someone who speaks a different language using this function. Google Translate translates your speech (or spoken language) into selected foreign language instantly.
- Image Translate – Image translation is another great function of Google Translate. You can just take a picture or image of text (which is in a different language) and Google Translate translates the text on the screen or image into your desired language.
- Website Translate – Website Translate is another function of Google Translate which translates the whole Webpage into your selected language.
- Mobile App Translation – Google Translate has introduced a new feature called “Tap to Translate”. This Translate app works as your personal interpreter. Using this Translate App in your mobile you can instantly translate any content present inside any apps without switching or exiting from it. Another major advantage of this app is that, translation option is available even Mobile phone is in offline mode i.e. without an internet connection.
Google’s free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages – for more information about Google Translate Website